The main goal of the French Institute in Latvia is to promote, spread and develop the French culture and language in Latvia, with an opening-up to all the Francophone cultures around the world.
The many and varied activities of the French Institute are based on:
• The teaching of the French language, area in which the Institute is the reference in Latvia, with courses for all levels and all audiences, offered by French speakers and bilingual teachers.
• The organization of cultural events on-site and beyond its walls, thanks to many collaborations with Latvian, French and European key partners: screenings, conferences, colloquiums, debates, classical and modern music concerts, exhibitions, live performances.
• The offer of a rich and wide collection of French material, books, CDs, DVDs, study guides, – in printed or digital format – with a free-access multimedia library full of 12000 items.
• The promotion of the higher education in France through the office of the so-called agency “Campus France”, providing information and advice to the students willing to study in France (training programs, fundings, etc.).
• The scientific cooperation (such as the French-Latvian bilateral research partnership “Osmose”), academic cooperation (scholarships for Master and PhD degrees, partnership between Riga Technical University and Ecole Centrale de Nantes), technical cooperation (sharing expertise between French and Latvian emergency services) and administrative cooperation (cooperation between the head of the office of administration and civil service with the State Chancellery).
• The educational (Jules Verne school) and audiovisual (partnership between France Télévisions and LTV) cooperation.
The free-access building located in the city centre of Riga is equipped with classrooms, an exhibition hall, a multimedia library, a conference space, a garden, all of them with the suitable technologies (screens, screening room, WiFi, tablets).
All the information about the events organized by the French Institute in Latvia is available on its website, facebook page, twitter, Instagram and draugiem accounts, and also on its quarterly brochure.