Become a member
The multimedia library of the French Institute in Latvia is accessible to everyone: adults, adolescents and children, those who speak French and those who do not, amateurs of French culture or just onlookers. On-site consultation of items (books, films, music and magazines) is free of charge.
In order to borrow books, CDs and DVDs, French magazines, as well as enjoy special benefits and discounts from partners of the French Institute in Latvia, you need to subscribe to our multimedia library and acquire a reader’s card.
To register at the Multimedia library and obtain a reader’s card one needs to provide:
- ID document
- 3×3 cm photograph
- completed registration form
- Presentation of the necessary identification for discount eligibility (if applicable)
The reader’s card is prepared on site and becomes valid for one year after payment.
Annual subscription fees at the multimedia library of the French Institute in Latvia
- Standard fee – 20€
- Reduced fee (children, adolescents, students, teachers, translators, unemployed, seniors and readers who have been registered for 4 years) – 10€
- For students of the French Institute in Latvia – free of charge
- Registration form for adults
- Registration form for people under the age of 16 (must be completed and signed by one of the parents)
- Registration form for people under the age of 18 (must be signed by one of the parents)
- Registration form for public institutions and private companies
BORROWING TERMS FOR ITEMS
The reader’s card allows you to borrow at home various resources in French across all medias (except recent magazines, reference sources and latest editions).
|Type of document||Number of documents||Borrowing term|
3 books + 1 video + 1 audio
Out of respect for other members, please do not exceed the authorized borrowing term. A delay penalty of 5 euros per month is applied when the items are not returned on the due date.